Welcome to PA West Soccer's Online Risk Management Program & Background Checking System!
The PA Child Protective Services Law changed effective January 1, 2015. The change no longer permits organizations like PA West Soccer to conduct background checks through a third party provider. All background checks must be completed using the provider designated by PA per the requirements of the law. Individuals fall into two categories…paid and volunteer…and each has its own set of required clearances. All individuals must upload the required documents into the PA West Soccer Online Risk Management System (link to the portal and additional info at the bottom of the page).
Volunteers must provide the following:
FBI Criminal Background Check:
To request an FBI Fingerprint Clearance (approximate cost-27.50): Please note: This link will take you to the page managed by Cogent for the state of PA to help individuals attain an FBI clearance.
1. This is a fingerprint based check for which you must first register with Cogent Systems, Click Here
2. The applicable fee is $25.75. This may be paid online via credit card, at the time you register, or via money order or cashier’s check delivered at the fingerprintsite.
3. When registering,select “Register Online” under the “Registration” section to open the online registration form.
4. Do not check the box next to “Fingerprint Card User”. Select “Employment with a significant likelihood of regular contact with children “as the Reason Fingerprinted, and then complete all of the required Personal Information before clicking “Next.” June 1, 2015
5. Enter your credit card and billing information and select “Pay”.
6. Print the confirmation page as you will need the confirmation or registration number when you go to get fingerprinted. The confirmation page will also serve as proof you have requested this clearance.
7. Visit one of the designated locationsto get fingerprinted. Fingerprint locations, their hours of operation, and a list of what you’ll need to take with you can be found under the “Print Site Locations” section of the Cogent website. https://www.pa.cogentid.com/ohio/DPW/DPW_map/DPW_Regions_Clickable.html
8. Results will be mailed to you, but could take as long as 4-6 weeks.
9. You will need to submit to Peters Township Soccer Association/PA West the original response or proof you have requested this clearance, including any additional pages mailed to you, on or before your first day coaching.
Volunteer Qualification Affidavit (PDF): Click Here
How To Receive Approval - PA West Soccer Online Risk Management System
PA West Soccer coaches, referees, and volunteers are required to comply with the Child Protective Services law. Please upload copies of your required documents into your record in the PA West Soccer Online Risk Management System. Using this system you'll create an application and upload your documents into your admin record. You'll use your current login info if you have an account in our online registration system; if you don't have an account you'll need to create one.
PA West Soccer Criminal Background Check Policy
PA West Soccer Zero Tolerance Risk Management Policy
If you need Assistance or have questions, please contact the PA West Soccer State Office via email at email@example.com or by phone at 412-856-8011 or the PTSA's Director of Risk Management, Chris Weiss at firstname.lastname@example.org.
REFEREE INFO (14-17 YEARS OLD):
All coaches are required to complete the f-license course from US Soccer.